[ic] Beima's Response!

Mark Adams madams@cybernet.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:53:28 -0400 (EDT)

Well how far were they going to go with the installation? I've been
working on Akopia for over a week now, and still don't have everything set
up yet.

Also, you can expect some adjustment time when someone needs to access
your machine who's not your system administrator. They have to deal with
whatever muck you already have installed, and try to figure out what needs
to be done.

I just quoted someone 3 hours for installing PHP4 (with MySQL support),
and that's much easier than installing Interchange. Who knows what I was
going to run into when I went to compile either one.

---
Mark Adams
madams@cybernet.com