[ic] Building a product from parts

Henry Hartley HARTLEH1@WESTAT.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:10:22 -0400

We've begun working on a site to sell framed artwork (photographs).  We'd
like customers to be able to select a work and a size.  Then, they would be
able to select from a collection of mat boards and frames.

The price would be based on the work, the size and the frame (or possibly
just the size and the frame or even just the size).

Shipping charges would be based on the size (and weight which is pretty
closely related to size).

Any guidance on setting up my databases would be appreciated.  I've read a
fair amount of the documentation but must admit that until you spend a fair
amount of time working with Interchange, there's a lot that doesn't sink in.
I've looked through the mail list archives but I'm not really sure what to
search on.  I've gone through the tutorial which was VERY helpful as a
starting point.  Now I'm working on a modification of the demo.  If doing
something like what I want is there, I've missed it.  If this is documented
somewhere, just point me to it.  I don't want to take up your time and am
happy to read the docs for myself but I'm not sure where to start.

--
Henry Hartley