[ic] Got a good question!

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:45:07 -0500

I did something very similiar to this with 3.14 so I am sure Interchange can
handle it. With 3.14 you just defined the data and pages directory in each
catalog.cfg. I ran 3 sites with one common products db and a single set of
templates. I added some sub dirs and redefined the path to these areas. So
leftside was no longer pages/leftside it was pages/subs/cat1/leftside I only put
the items that were different in these dirs and definition was made in the
catalog.cfg index.html still took __LOGOBAR__ but the site you hit defined
__LOGOBAR__  Sounds a little confusing but actually makes managing multiple
similiar sites very easy and minimal duplication of files on the server. In
other words just use the same definition for the items that are the same in the
catalog.cfg file. Again theory :)

Steve