[ic] Got a good question!

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
03 Apr 2001 15:57:22 -0400

"Robert Trembath" <robert@lanstar.com> writes:

> 	I want to run the DB from MySQL and feed 6 different sites with the same
> product and order DB. However, out of 3200 products, I only wish to display
> certain categories and products in each one. Is it possible to use MySQL for
> the products DB and use the default DB in each site for categories and
> pricing so each site, even though it has the same products, can access
> different pricing and display a different range of product as well as a
> different left menu?

It seems like you would have to modify the bar_link subroutine.  Have
each catalog with it's own area and category table.  Or simply add a
new column to each table (for catalog name).  I haven't tested this,
but I would think that the area and category tables are the only ones
that would need to be made unique by catalog.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543