[ic] How to create [same name] subcategories

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:22:27 -0500

Ok think tree. On this tree we have branches. The Oak tree is not
related to the Maple except that they are trees. Now Our Oak tree is dog
products and a branch is food. Same for cat. Here are fields:

category	subcat	subcat1
dog	food	Purina
cat	food	Purina

Want to mine out only the cat Purina?

fi=products/co=yes/sf=category/sf=subcat/sf=subcat1/se=cat/se=food/se=Purina/ml=15

What this has done is scan the products file and first we look in the
category field for cat and we take all those listings and separate out
only the food entries in subcat. Now from there we only want the purina
entries in subcat1. Likewise if we wanted all entries for Purina in teh
subcat1 field we would simply:

/fi=products/sf=subcat1/se=Purina

Steve