[ic] I have no SHELL

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 08:41:26 -0700

At 04:54 AM 04/04/2001 +0400, you wrote:
>Could you help me, my hosting provider do not let me use command(shell)
>prompt. How i can install Interchange? One more question: where shoul i
>put all distribution files to install Interchange - is it the same lavel
>with: "www" and "cgi-bin"

It is really not doable. You might get lucky and get something running with
much work and fiddling, but you are much better off getting an account that
allows shell access - you really need it for a product like
Interchange.  Your alternative is to ask your ISP to do the install,
catalog creation and all other command-line tasks for you - but I wouldn't
hold my breath!

- Ed L.

**** Virtual Hosting w/private IC Installation, $65/month! ****
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax