[ic] rpm -qlp interchan* output for me

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:20:51 -0700

At 03:56 PM 4/4/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Nearly a month ago Jon suggested someone do:
>rpm -qlp interchange-4.6.4-1.rh7.i386.rpm (edited to be my current version)
>so the install locations could become familiar.
>
>I have tried this including tried with shorter interchange* variations
>and continue to get the response 'package ... is not installed'

Filename != rpm name.  I got confused about that when I was first learning
Redhat 5.0, too.  :-)

Try     #rpm -q -a | grep interchange
That should reveal the real name of the interchange package.  (Which will
probably result in a working rpm -qlp interchange, or rpm -qlp
interchange-4.6.4).

It's too bad that there isn't really great up-to-date documentation on RPM,
but you might try rpm.org if you still have questions.
HTH, HAND,

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com