[ic] Re: Documentation and Web TV

Master Abductor abductor@abductor.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:58:14 -0700

In case some of you don't know, when wondering about different browsers,
I've found www.anybrowser.com to be helpful. It seems be pretty accurate for
the most popular browsers and resolutions. Easier than installing lots of
browsers and owning webtv!

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of John Beima
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 5:40 PM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Re: Documentation and Web TV

That is good to hear, except ANY anomilies (Sp??) in the fonts in
unacceptable.

Also how does it look under Netscape for RedHat Linux???

John Beima

Quoting Brev Patterson <bpatters@redhat.com>:

>     I just grabbed the WebTV emulator from their web page, and loaded up
> recent 4.7 version of Interchange.
> It looked great (CSS colors and everything.)  The fonts were a little
> bit
> weird, but nothing incredibly disasterous.
>
> ----
> brev patterson
> red hat, inc.
> bpatters@redhat.com
> "watch me ride"
>
> >I know that Web TV is not "real" significant, but it is used by about
> 2% of
> >my purchasing customers which makes me leery to just ignore it.  They
> >(WebTV) provides a great developer emulator that will run on Windows
> >machines and let you test pages for compatibility.  It is worth a
> download
> >from their Web site.

> >>We weren't planning on it.

> this
> >>
> >>We'll have to take a look at it there. I've personally never known
> anyone
> >>with WebTV. It should just ignore the CSS, which would be fine. But if
> >>someone can point out particular problems I'm sure we can work around
> >>them.
> >>
> >>Jon

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6

Affordable Web Pages - Phone: (888)932-9990 - Fax: (256)351-7297
2713B Spring Place SW, Decatur, Alabama, United States, 35603