[ic] Autoload, incorrect dealer prices on first page after login

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:10:17 -0400

Quoting James Griffiths (griffiths_james@yahoo.com):

> Hello All,
>
> I have been looking at the dealer pricing mechanism
> in the construct demo which uses Autoload code in
> catalog.cfg to set the PriceField.
>
> As far as I can tell, there is a slight problem with
> this mechanism in the construct demo, in that
> the first page displayed after a dealer login shows
> standard rather than dealer prices. Reloading the
> page or moving to another page results in dealer
> prices being displayed correctly.
>
> I have been able to reproduce this problem with the
> standard construct demo and in test code.
>
> Is this a limitation of the technique (e.g because
> the Autoload code is run before the login is complete)
> or does it reflect a bug ?

Limitation, sort of. That limitation is gotten around in 4.7.x with
the new profile method of setting those things (no Autoload). But
you can insert the code from the Autoload in your "Login" profile in
etc/profiles.login to unlimit it. 8-)

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon