[ic] How to get Credit Card # in admin

Bob Puff@NLE bob@nleaudio.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 13:26:45 -0400

> Not so. What happens when your system gets cracked? Credit card numbers are
> there for the taking.

If the system gets cracked, credit card numbers are there for the taking even if it's not in the admin.  As was stated before, there are a few files that store the credit card number, that anyone with root access can easily find.  Just have a look in the ORDERS directory.  Plain text credit card numbers.

Other shopping cart software does this for the admins.

Just found out today that I also need to modify the cart to get credit card billing information (yes, a third set of address fields).  Sigh.

Bob

P.S. If someone here knows how to do this but doesn't want to post on the list, please email me privately.