[ic] SQL as products database

Jonathan Clark jonc@webmaint.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:27:27 +0100

> Yes, I've done it, now I have dbconf/pgsql/products.pgsql,
> and "#include dbconf/pgsql/*" in the catalog.cfg.
> I use [sql type="list" sql="select * from products"]
> (but, I didn't find information about 'type="list"' for tag [sql])
> And my pages doesn't return any information.
> Where can I get examples, description (other, then there are in
> icdatabase.txt, iccattut.txt - for me it is not enough :(( )

Yes, I agree that the docs can be lacking, particularly recently some
important information seems to have disappeared (I was looking for the [if]
tag in the tagref and that has gone!) but remember what you payed for this
world-class application ;-)

I found this in the Minivend 3 docs (predecessor to Interchange):

http://developer.akopia.com/minivend3/docindex/08.03.SQL_Access_Methods.html

which is a description of the SQL tag.

The simplest sql tag would be the type=html to see if you can get at your
data (returns results in an html table).

If you are still having problems, it may help if you post your catalog.cfg
and your products.pgsql.

Good luck!

Jonathan
Webmaint.