[ic] autoloading multiple scratch variables at login?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:34:33 -0400

Quoting Jonathan Clark (jonc@webmaint.com):

> Hi All,
>
> I have a catalog where I would like to load two scratch variables from the
> UserDB at user login.
>
> I have tried:
>
> UserDB         default    scratch    merchantid
> UserDB         default    scratch    adminid

It is just one value. Any hash is a set of key/value pairs. You
can never have more than one instance of a single hash key.

In this case, what you want is a space-seperated list of
scratch names in one hash key, "scratch". So, either:

UserDB  default  scratch "merchantid adminid"

or

UserDB  default <<EOH
{
    scratch => "merchantid adminid",
}
EOH

will work.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown