[ic] area nothing and munge_quantity

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:39:12 -0400

Quoting johny brabo (schurkmaster@yahoo.com):
> Hello,
>
> In the results.html page of the construct, but also of
> the new foundation demo, there's a form with it's
> target set to [area nothing]. I'm affraid I don't
> understand the reason for this.
>
> another thing I don't understand is, in the same form
> the "mv_oi". I see it is later used in munge_quantity,
> but I don't understand what it does exactly. Some
> fairly complicated perl code in there!

I think that will go away in the next version of the demo.

It is what does the "buy list" function when you fill in more
than one box with a quantity.

I won't take time to explain it in detail, as that capability
was added against my advice and will -- it turns out that
it is a frequent cause of problems.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown