[ic] userdb search function prob

joachim.richter joachim.richter@usvideocenter.de
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:06:23 +0200

hi out there,

this is driving me insane, we made a page for internal use, which
upon input of the zip should output all the customers with that zip code.

this sounds super easy, we use this form

--snip--
<FORM ACTION="[area search]">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="mv_session_id" VALUE="[data session id]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_file VALUE=userdb>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_page VALUE=testresults>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=15>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=zip>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=em>
<INPUT MAXLENGTH=5 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=5>
<input type="submit" value="Zip Search"></form>
--snip--

this form should be ok since we are getting results on our results page !
now here's the deal the results are completely empty.

we are using the regular construct results page which we changed a bit.
i believe that we are using the wrong tags

if we use [value lname] and [value knummer] we only get our own user information
we have actually used all combination of loop/data/data-field/....

all i need to know how can I make the zip and the lname field of the
customers visible

thanks

joe.
.