[ic] Zip Code Validation Bug

Lee Hoffman lee@rsub.net
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 18:28:23 -0400

For some reason if a user enters a Canadian zip code as lowercase or with
spaces, they get quoted a random (and wrong) price. If the user enters the
zip code without spaces and in all caps they get quoted the right price
though. Most times when they are quoted the wrong shipping price, they end
up getting charged the correct price (which for obvious reasons usually
upsets them). I have tried entering random numbers/letters and interchange
does indeed correctly send a "not a valid us/Canadian zip code" error.

 My Canada zone file looks like:

A0A-A9Z,54
B0A-B9Z,54
C0A-C9Z,54
E0A-E9Z,54
G0A-G0A,51
G0B-G0L,54
G0M-G0S,51
G0T-G0W,54
G0X-G0Z,51
G1A-G2Z,51
(continued...)

I saw some talk about this bug in the docs, but no real solution.

Anyone have any ideas?

Lee