[ic] Help with troubleshooting

Jon Pamment jon@icaust.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:35:24 +1000

My original installation was on a development machine.(which I had operating
correctly)
Now I'm trying to get the operational installation going and I'm back to the
same problem as before.

> > I thought my new problem was permissions but they seem correct,
> they are:
> >
> > -rwsrwxr-x    1 interch  interch      7132 Apr  7 21:17 construct
> > [root@server cgi-bin]#
> >
> > AND
> >
> > srw-rw-rw-    1 interch  interch         0 Apr 13 20:42 socket
> > [root@server etc]#
>
> At this point, try "chmod 755 construct".  If that makes it work, you
> are running under SUEXEC or CGI-WRAP. Otherwise, you have a path
> problem somehow.
I have tried this but I still get the "We're sorry"

> A ps capture of one of the httpd process lines would nail it down --

Could someone explain in simple terms how I do this.

If I do: su -c "/usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch

I get:
Killing Interchange server 1647 with TERM.
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI....
...UI is loaded....
Interchange V4.6.5
Configuring catalog construct...Using default DBM database.
done.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 1696)

Then i do: ps -aux
USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
<chop heaps>
interch   1696  0.2 10.5 15172 13504 ?       S    14:36   0:00 interchange
root      1697  0.0  0.6  2604  800 pts/0    R    14:37   0:00 ps -aux
[root@mail cgi-bin]#

I must have done something else (change permissions) that I dont remember,
to get interchange talking.

Hope you can help because I cant find the answer in the mail archive.

Jon