[ic] UserDB functions

cfm@maine.com cfm@maine.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:19:31 -0400

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 06:56:21PM +0300, Grigoriy G. Vovk wrote:
> I use existing database, and information about clients (which can be
> person or company) are in the different tables.
> I want to override new_account function.
> How it should be looking, like this -
>
> GlobalSub <<EOF
> sub new_account {
> 	package Vend::Module;
> 	use MyModule;
> 	sub new_account {
> 		&MyModule::new_account($Values->{name},
> 		$Values->{password});
> 	}
> }
> EOF
> where MyModule is a name of a file without .pm
>
> Is it ok?

Not quite, that would be just use Module;
You **probably** don't want the package Vend::Module there
either.  That would be in the Module.pm file.

I'd suggest you NOT put the Module in lib/Vend but
somewhere else so when you upgrade and blow away lib/Vend
it does not vanish.  Check @INC for convenient location.

For example:

UserTag profile HasEndTag
UserTag profile Routine <<EOF
sub {
    require MV::Opts;
    require MV::Profiles;
    my(@OUT,%cookie,%opt,$values);

    $values=$Vend::Session->{values};
    &MV::Opts::mv_opts(\%opt,$values,\%cookie);
    $opt{profile}=$_[0];
    # ::logGlobal("profile routine from profile ($opt{profile})");

    @OUT=@{&MV::Profiles::page(\%opt,$values)};
    return join "\n",@OUT;
}
EOF