[ic] default page

Ron Phipps rphipps@reliant-solutions.com
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 02:42:28 -0800

>Does Anyohe know how I can set a default home page in Interchange? I am
running RH6.2 /w apache 1.3.2 . The problem is that you have to run the
>executable file named for your catalog. For example
/home/httpd/cgi-bin/construct/index.html. This would be fine except that
construct is an executable as opposed to a directory. Does anyone have a
suggestion as to how I can set things to have www.construct.com to be the
default?

Sure, this can be done with the Redirect tag in a virtual host config for
apache.  It's as simple as (this work because apache looks for the
index.html when you visit www.construct.com):

Redirect /index.html http://www.construct.com/cgi-bin/construct/index.html

There was also talks on the list to redirect anything from / to go through
the cgi script, but this takes quite a few redirect and rewrite rules, but
can be done.  Good luck.

-Ron