[ic] VIRUS WARNING !!!!

Jonathan Clark jonc@webmaint.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:12:43 +0100

> OK! But why send she an email directly to me? Why did she not writes
> here answer to the list? Why did she writes an answer directly to my and
> say to me, that I've to look at the attachment?

Lets end this here.

The reason for the replies is that the infected computer is automatically
replying to the mails without the user knowing.

The infected computer sends a reply with an attachment which is the method
of transport. The infected computer also has a backdoor installed and its
address sent to the author of the worm, and a keyboard capture program so
beware.

see:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusChar.asp?virus_k=99069

for info and a fix if you are infected.