[ic] VIRUS WARNING !!!!

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:13:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Greg Gaskill wrote:

GG>>I got the .pif file too, but it's either corrupt or Win2000
GG>>can't read it.  Since I'm the curious type, I tried to look
GG>>at what program it wanted to run, but ended up dumping a core
GG>>trying to read it with a pif-editor.

Read Joachim's detailed description. What you saw is just exactly what
it is supposed to do. It gives a message about a bad transmission error
- hence it's name.

Do a search on your system for kern32.exe

If you find it, it has done it's thing. There are about 3 other files
that it puts on your hard drive.

Get a virus detector and let it get rid of them!

-= Jim =-

All HTML Encoded email is auto-deleted. Learn Standards

Tagline for Friday, April 20, 2001 at 19:10 PM:
URA Redneck if while mowing lawn, you find three cars.

This Linux System has been up 265 hours