[ic] How do I make interchange start when server starts

Lord Valankar valankar@nmo.net
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:49:44 -0400

Rick Lord wrote:

> I know this has been talked about a lot, but for the life of me I can
> not find the answer. I tried adding something in rc.local but that
> failed miserably. It seems to me I should put a start-up script in
> /etc/init.d but I don't know what should be in the script.
> Can someone please help?
> Thanks.

Hi Rick,

Following is the script in my /etc/rc.d/init.d directory that was
installed using the older (4.6) RPM on my laptop. Hope it helps. (P.S.
Red Hat 7.0)

****************
BEGIN SCRIPT
****************

#!/bin/sh
#
# Startup script for Interchange
# http://developer.akopia.com/
#
# chkconfig: 345 96 4
system focused on ecommerce
# processname: interchange
# pidfile: /var/run/interchange/interchange.pid
# config: /etc/interchange.cfg
# config: /var/lib/interchange/*/catalog.cfg

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# Handle /usr/local
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting interchange: "
        daemon interchange
        echo
        touch /var/lock/subsys/interchange
        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Shutting down interchange: "
        killproc interchange
        echo
        rm -f /var/lock/subsys/interchange
        rm -f /var/run/interchange/interchange.pid
        ;;
  status)
        status interchange
        ;;
  restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|status}"
        exit 1
esac

exit 0

END SCRIPT