[ic] Authorizenet Assistance.

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:34:07 -0400

Quoting Jud Harris (jud@copernica.com):
> While we're talking about authorizenet module quirks, has anyone been
> successful in transmitting the order number via the x_Invoice_Num variable?
>  By default it is set to send $actual{mv_order_number}, but that variable
> seems to be empty when the transaction occurs (as it doesn't show up in the
> authorizenet transaction).  When I manually set x_Invoice_Num to a static
> value, it DOES show up in the authorizenet transaction.  Any idea what
> $actual{mv_order_number} does not contain what it should?

This should contain something like $orderID. However, AuthorizeNet only
accepts 8 characters there, so the best thing to do is to use a counter.

    $orderID = Vend::Interpolate::tag_counter('etc/authorizenet.counter');

In 4.7.x I do it this way for Vend::Payment::Authorizenet. I also
added payment_id and payment_mode to the transactions database, so you
can do a return or void using that as a reference. (UI support for that
should be there by the time 4.8 gets released.)

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".