[ic] Banner question

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:12:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Rene Hertell wrote:

RH>>I have not figured out in how to build a banner-system that would display
RH>>for e.g. 5 unique banners at the same time on the page, rotating them all
RH>>over the banner-positions. Is this possible to do without pulling hair? :)

This is probably not the smoothest way to do it, but....

Store all of your banners in a banner sub-directory, and then set up a
cron event to copy one/some out of the banner directory into the
directory where IC is looking for the banners. 60 banners and a 1
minute rotation provides a lot of variety. 12 banners and a 5 minute
rotation also provides variety.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, April 23, 2001 at 18:05 PM:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation.

This Linux System has been up 54 hours