[ic] CyberCash 3.3.1 and Interchange 4.6.5

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 04:09:29 -0400

Quoting Dan Garwood (dgarwood@eprofitdesigns.com):
> This is a notice for the archives to save someone time on trying to
> integrate CyberCash 3.3.1. This is per their technical support, but the new
> version will hang at the MCKencrypt program when used with interchange on a
> redhat 6.2 system. The best solution till Mike gets Interchange 4.7 finished
> is to use the CyberCash 3.2 version of their program. If anyone needs this
> software, please contact me or CyberCash for this version. I may be wrong
> and Mike may have a fix for Version 3.3, but everything I tried would not
> work.

I don't have this version, and the last one I downloaded (just a few weeks
ago) was 3.2.0.6 and worked.

I suspect they are using open2(), and if that is the case it is well
and truly hosed. We are a daemon process, and since we close STDIN and
STDOUT, that kills open2 unless they are clever about using fileno()
to get the handles.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

until you hear them speak. -- unknown