[ic] expireall not finding config file

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 22:50:22 -0400

Quoting Dave Barr (barrd@mac.com):
> (IC 4.6.5, Debian 2.2.17, Perl 5.005-03)
>
> Hi all,
>
> I realised the other day that my cron job set to expire catalog
> sessions was no longer working (the sessions dir was getting _BIG_):
>
> [snip crontab -l]
> 45 4 * * * /usr/local/interchange/bin/expireall -r
> [/snip]
>
> If run from the command line the script returns:
> Couldn't read interchange.cfg: No such file or directory
>
> I had a quick scan of the script itself and noticed that you could
> use the -f flag to point directly at a config file, I used the
> following on the command line and it worked...
>
> /usr/local/interchange/bin/expireall -f /usr/local/interchange/interchange.cfg
>
> [snip expireall line 103]
> open(GLOBAL, "< $Global::ConfigFile") or die "Couldn't read
> $Global::ConfigFile: $!\n";
> [/snip]
>
> The above makes the call to open the config file, but, and correct me
> if I'm wrong... ;)   Should it not be something like:
>
> open(FOO, "< $Global::VendRoot/$Global::ConfigFile") or die "blah $!\n";
>               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Which would be the 'path to' and the 'name of' the config file?
> I dunno... I'm probably wrong as usual... :)

I don't see a problem there.

I think what you want, though, is

45 4 * * * /usr/local/interchange/bin/expireall -r -u

which will force unlinking of expired files.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown