[ic] Credit Card numbers Stored Encrypted in SQL Database - N o Answer Yet

Webb, Malcolm malcolmw@upshot.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:42:54 -0700

So is there no plan for IC to support the concept of "one-click" ordering?
>From a merchant's perspective that is a very attractive feature...

Malcolm Webb

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Phipps [mailto:rphipps@reliant-solutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 12:41 PM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Credit Card numbers Stored Encrypted in SQL Database -
No Answer Yet

> This does not answer the question at all.  I've searched the list and
havn't
> found an answer to this question.

Your question was why does IC 4.6.3 not store the cc info in the db (on
disk).  And Mike responded with the security problems associated with that
method.  He also mentioned that the folks at Redhat will not support the
storing of CC info on disk to be retrieved through the admin interface.  You
are probably on your own if you want to come up with a solution.  Also
please do not post your question every week to the list, this one has now
been posted 3 times.

-Ron