[ic] New account unique required fields

Jonathan Clark jonc@webmaint.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:36:53 +0100

> i need to create new new_account page (1th - where you normaly only fill
> username, password and ver.) where will be more fields, than is
> in construct
> from what i started. I need to have there a email field which i need to
> compare with database, and say error when user with this email
> alredy exist.
> How should I do this?

In the Construct Demo, the account.html page uses a profile to run some
checks on the data which is set up as follows:

[comment]
<!-- Account change profile in etc/profiles.order -->
[/comment]
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_profile VALUE=account_change>

Do the same for your page. Set up a profile in profiles.order, or
profiles.misc and reference it in your form.

Make sure you restart ic once you alter the profile.

Jonathan
Webmaint.