[ic] IC on a cluster?

Jimmy Eaton jeaton@silverclicks.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:55:11 -0400 (EDT)

I am running on a cluster of 8 servers and a database server. I use
sessions stored in a mysql table using dbi instead of files. The session
server seems to run great and responds quickly.

You must not name the table sessions. We named it session_mysql as follows:

SessionDB   session_mysql
SessionType DBI

Database session_mysql session_mysql.txt
dbi:mysql:sessionfiles:__SESSION_SERVER__:3306

The table session_mysql has 4 fields

code varchar(64)
session text
sessionlock varchar(64)
last_accessed timestamp(14)

Set code as your primary key.

It should then work. We expire sessions based upon the last_accessed field
by running a sql query every night that deletes those records over a day
old.

Jimmy Eaton
Silverclicks.com, Inc.