[ic] Linking Question

Jillian Carroll interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Aug 1 00:54:00 2001

Thanks Mike!  Sometimes my ability to -retain- isn't as good... I know I
skimmed through the intro... but alas... I didn't remember seeing that.

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Heins [mailto:mheins@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 6:29 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Linking Question

Quoting Jillian Carroll (jcarroll@horizon.sk.ca):

> This may seem like a stupid question... but I was wondering what the
> advantage to linking by [area index] instead of index.html is?

This is covered in the intro to Interchange; basically to retain
session you can do use cookies or do what is called URL rewriting.
[area index] is the automatic method in Interchange for URL rewriting.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown