[ic] Calculating a total based on cart total.

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Aug 2 13:35:01 2001

At 10:16 AM 08/02/2001 -0600, you wrote:

>I am sure I am missing something obvious... but how would I be able to do a
>calculation on the cart page based on the cart total?
>
>For instance... my cart is priced in US dollars... but it would be nice to
>have a field on the checkout page that basically says that your X amount
>order is worth X in CDN dollars.
>
>I assume it is just a calculation, but I thought somebody may have done
>this.  I don't see anything in the mailing lists, but I might be searching
>for the wrong thing.
>
>Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>   _____

Take a look at the docs on internationalization, this would be the most
'correct' way:
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/icconfig_20.html

Once you have setup locale entries for Canada you could do something like:

[setlocale ca_CA]
[currency convert=1][subtotal noformat=1][/currency]
[setlocale]

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax