[ic] start/stop and possible ic status in outside perl script

Kyle Cook interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Aug 2 22:19:01 2001

Dear list,

Thought I'd check to see if anyone has a working script
(run via root/ic crontab) that contains any/all of the following
before I re-invent the wheel:

1: issue a shutdown of IC

2: restart IC

I will be needing to run code in between #1 and #2 to do a
nightly update of inventory and prices of a very complex
database and need IC turned off for 10-15min. I'd prefer
to do it all in one script, to keep down time to a minimum.

If I don't get any help, would anyone like to see the code
for these (as I will have to get this to work somehow soon :-)

Thanks and have a stress-free weekend!

PS: The site is http://www.firesale.com/enter.html and they have
some great deals on thousands of computers/parts/accessories,
so you may want to check them out if your in the market.

(Note: I'm just an outside consultant so I can't answer any
questions about their business but we did buy 4 computers
for our office recently and they were a very good deal!)

Also I don't use the UI admin as they had very different
requirements and I had to build a custom UI for them.

Kyle