[ic] start/stop and possible ic status in outside perl script

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Aug 3 18:08:00 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Kyle Cook wrote:

KC>>Thought I'd check to see if anyone has a working script
KC>>(run via root/ic crontab) that contains any/all of the following
KC>>before I re-invent the wheel:
KC>>
KC>>1: issue a shutdown of IC
KC>>
KC>>2: restart IC

In /usr/local/bin I put an executable script that I call
'restart.interchange' In it is:

su interch /usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r

This does not give a puase, like I suspect that you are looking for.

There are numerous options that you can use in place of the '-r' that
should accomplish your goals.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, August 03, 2001 at 18:05 PM:
Seen on BBSer's tombstone: CONNECT 1953, NO CARRIER 1994

This Linux System has been up 599 hours