[ic] Modular Options completely messed up?

Frederic Steinfels interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Aug 7 03:35:01 2001

I posted a bug report #283. A fix for this bug was postponed; unfortunately.
And it seems that there are much more bugs in there. If somebody could
verify this, I would appreciate it.

I am using interchange 4.7.7 with the foundation computer catalog. I found
the following bugs:
- when searching/listing for products, ic gives you a first
  price. Unfortunately this price does not contain any default options
  having an additional price. For example if you sell a computer set that
  includes a scanner that costs $79 extra and you said this is included by
  default, ic will not include that price.
- Price differences are always given in dollars and not the selected
  currency. With simple options, currency conversion does work but not
  with modular.
- As soon as you change the configuration of your product (add options
  that are changing the price), the price tag at the top is falling back
  to US $ even if another currency is selected. Wheter the price is
  accurate, I do not know.
- When I am accepting the selected set of features, I get to the
  cart. There things are even worse: It seems ic is taking twice the base
  price for the product price (selected options do not seem to make a
  difference) and three times the base price for the subtotal.
  But: I think this is no rule. For the Athlon offered at $499.95 I will
  get the price $1575.80 in the cart (subtotal seems to be "ok" here, also
  $1575.80) even when not touching any options.

Product options and after all modular options seem to be very complex. I
would like it if there was a step by step instructions to add samples
using the ui.

What I want to do (I could not figure out till now, maybe someone can help
me):

I have
product        price
ComputerSetA  $500  (no ram included)
ComputerSetB  $1000 (no ram included)
128MBRam      $50

If somebody wants to buy either ComputerSetA or ComputerSetB, ic should
display the 128MBRam option selected BY DEFAULT. Therefore whenever the
price for ComputerSetA is displayed before the user had a chance to select
wheter he wanted the ram or not, the shown price should be $550 or $1050.
The ram and it's price should be stored in the product database (is that
possible?). I want to be able to change the prices of all my computer sets
in one go. You know, ram prices can change every day...

I think that is what most people want (getting interchange to calculate
proper set prices from the products database).

If somebody could help me here, I would appreciate that very much.

Regards
Frederic