[ic] SQL Stored Procedures

Todd L. Cawthron interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Aug 7 12:41:00 2001

Hello.

I'm using Interchange 4.6.5 on RH Linux 6.2 using Sybase ASE 11.03 as the
database.  I would like to call some database stored procedures from
Interchange.  I'm not having much luck returning any results and could not
find any relevant information in the mailing list archives.

When I run a SELECT query using the [query] tag, as in:

[query list=1 sql="SELECT * FROM lookup"]
[sql-param id] [sql-param value]
[/query]

Everything works great and all of the rows in the table are listed.

However, if I instead use:

[query list=1 sql="EXECUTE sp_querytest"]
[sql-param id] [sql-param value]
[/query]

I am greeted with a mostly empty page except for a "-1".

The stored procedure is:

CREATE PROC sp_querytest
AS

SELECT * FROM lookup

RETURN

Using isql, I get the same results regardless of whether I use the SELECT
statement or the stored procedure.

Has anybody encountered this before or otherwise have any thoughts?

Todd Cawthron