[ic] Net outage

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Aug 8 18:17:01 2001

Many of you, I am sure, noticed our 28-hour network outage.

The cause was not Code Red or any security breach, but by a line
outage by our *former* network provider. We have switched to AT&T
Network systems and are back up and running.

It will take a while for DNS to catch up, but fortunately there
are multiple addresses for the main Interchange site.

Any of these will work:

	ic.redhat.com
	interchange.redhat.com
	developer.akopia.com
	interchange.akopia.com
	anthrax.interchange.akopia.com
	12.47.124.142

We have changed the server name to ic.redhat.com for purposes of
links, so that should serve for most people who had interchange.redhat.com
in their DNS caches.

We are sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous