[ic] nextpage problem

Thu Aug 9 11:49:52 2001

At 09:34 PM 08/08/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok, I'm going nuts.  (Yeah, short trip)
>
>Anyway, when I put the following lines in checkout.html I get the
>desired results if someone doesn't fill in a required value:
>
>    <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="[area process]">
>    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=submit>
>    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_profile VALUE=checkout_profile>
>
>But, if I use the lines to make it go to the second page of my checkout
>process, it does not check the values:
>
>    <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="[area process]">
>    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=submit>
>    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_profile VALUE=checkout_profile>
>    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="checkout2">
>
>What is the problem here?

Instead of <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="checkout2">, you
should add this to your profile, after &fatal=yes, to set the next page to
display upon a successful check:

&set=mv_successpage checkout2

Note that you do not want a &final=yes in this profile, since that would
submit the order and go directly to the receipt page upon a valid
check.  You should create another profile for checkout2, and use &final=yes
in that one if it is to be the last.

- Ed L.