[ic] Netscape 4.7 and Interchange

Thu Aug 9 12:08:00 2001

Quoting Scott Fletcher (scott@abcoa.com):
> Yea, I have found this similar problem with the dissappearance of hte
> shopping cart when using some pages like checkout.   What so embarrasing is
> that one of the employee at my company gave a demostration of the
> Interchange software to the customer about the idea of using it for shopping
> cart.  We all noticed the disappearance of hte shopping cart and the wrong
> webpage.  Since then, we haven't heard from the customer.  So, we're not
> sure what is up with that.

The cases where this happens are well documented, and almost always
occur with a differing secure/non-secure domain. If you can document
any cases where this happens with secure and non-secure hosts in the
same domain (even the same .domain.com when the proper CookieDomain
is set) then we will energetically fix them on a high-priority basis.

Interchange doesn't support differing secure and non-secure domains.
It is possible to make it work to a fair degree, the means to which
do so I post on a monthly basis. But it is not supported, for it is
too difficult to make work reliably in all situations.

If someone can point me to another program which does this *without
totally compromising user session security* then I would be happy to
learn and implement changes.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson