[ic] admin ui problems (Unable to archive/delete) customer or order

Thu Aug 9 19:55:00 2001

Quoting Brian Kosick (briank@nacs.net):
> Hello all, I have a problem with being able to archive/unarchive orders,
> and ativate/deactivate customers through the admin UI.
>
> Users
> If you click on the arrow to deactivate, or click the checkbox, then click
> deactivate, the UI doesn't reflect the changes.  It's updates in the DB (IE
> inactive in the userdb gets changed from 0 to 1) The UI will always show
> that its an active customer.
>
> Orders
> Either way you try to archive an order, it doesn't do it, it doesn't change
> archive value  in (transactions)to 1 from 0.  If you change it manually,
> (psql ) Then the UI reflects the change, but you cannot un-archive it
> without changing it manually either.
>
> There aren't any errors being reported in catalogdir/error.log, or
> /path/to/interchange/error.log
>
> I'm using Redhat 7.1, postgres 7.1.2, IC 4.8.1, latest Bundle::Interchange.

I think probably you have some archived fields which are null. Verify that
with:

	select order_number from transactions where archived is null;

If that returns rows you need to do:

	update transactions set archived = '0' where isnull(archived);

You may need to set it to 0 explicitly in log_transaction (which
is done in latest foundation). If you installed the demo from that
and had the problem, something else is going on and we need to fix
it.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry