[ic] double entries in basket using text link

Dave Barr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 10:40:00 2001

(IC 4.6.5, Debian 2.2-17, Perl 5.005-03)

Hi people,

I have a strange problem regarding the basket and double entries
appearing when I use a text link as opposed to the 'form' approach. I
need to use a text link as I wish to pass an attribute with the order
request as part of a [perl] block...

<snip>
$link = $Tag->page( { href => "ord/basket",
                       form => qq{
                                  mv_action=refresh
                                  mv_order_item=$sku
                                  item_attr=$item
                                  }
                    } ) . "BUY</A>";
</snip>

This works fine when you *first* arrive at the basket page as does
the following which I used as a sanity check...

<snip>
[page href="ord/basket" form=|
                              mv_order_item=000059
                              mv_action=refresh
                              |]buy[/page]
</snip>

However when you either purchase another item, or just plain "go
back" to the basket page there is an identical entry of the last
ordered item using both the examples above -- I should point out that
this is not the old "Reload/refresh" problem where you are submitting
the form twice, this is occurring after leaving the basket page
altogether.

Is this not possible to do (text link order), ergo I'm being a pratt again?
Any help, abuse or pointers most welcome.
Kind regards
Dave