[ic] qmail and not sendmail

Mon Aug 13 09:05:02 2001

Quoting Kim Christensen (kim@hambrosalle.dk):
> Hi
> Can someone tell me what has to be changed when using qmail and not
> sendmail. I am getting errors when IC is trying to send any kinds of mail
> like order confirmation, forgotten passwords etc.
>
> The error is:
> 195.97.164.2 hG3DZcYR:195.97.164.2 - [13/August/2001:09:25:45 +0200]
> foundation /cgi-bin/foundation/process.html Unable to send mail using
> Net::SMTP
>
> and
>
> Error sending mail to sales@web-counting.com:
> > Can't call method "mail" on an undefined value at /home/freemoney/interchange/lib/Vend/Util.pm line 1987.

You need to give it the path to the sendmail clone. It looks in
/usr/sbin and /usr/lib, but if it can't find it the value falls
back to trying SMTP.

If you have a known mail server that relays for you, you can do:

Variable MV_SMTPHOST  smtp.somedomain.com

Then Net::SMTP will be used to send the mail using that mail server.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous