[ic] RE: Mega Perl Modules! (was IC 4.8.1 installation docs)

Boone, Ricky interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 22:30:00 2001

> These are essential:
> > MIME::Base64 2.12
> > Safe::Hole 0.08
> > MD5
> > SQL::Statement 0.1020

Thought so.  ;)

> This is strongly recommended:
> > Storable 1.012
>
> These are needed for the UI:
> > libwww-perl 5.53
> > HTML::Parser 3.25
> > HTML::Tagset 3.03
> > URI 1.15
> > Bundle::libnet 1.00
>
> This is just a collection of the above and a few others:
> > Bundle::Interchange

It kept on saying I needed each individual one whenever I'd try installing
Interchange, so I just pulled each one from CPAN and manually installed
them.

> These are only needed for XLS spreadsheet import/export:
> > Spreadsheet::ParseExcel 0.2403
> > OLE::Storage_Lite 0.09
> > IO-stringy 2.105
> > Spreadsheet::WriteExcel 0.33
> > Parse::RecDescent 1.80

Well, at least for the beta, it only listed the two Spreadsheet::* modules,
and nothing else.  I don't know if that's been changed for 4.8.1, but if it
hasn't it may be a good idea to have it check for the others too.

> Don't know what this is even.
> > Net 1.07

Oh, that.  That was when it was trying to find the "missing" modules, that
it couldn't find in Bundle::Interchange.  It kept on asking for Net::FTP, so
I installed that one too, so I could at least finish the install.

Must be my kookie linux box...  ;)