[ic] Multiple search criteria for advanced search

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 00:54:00 2001

At 08:20 PM 8/15/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I need to give my customers the option to specify multiple attributes for a
>search. I'm doing clothing, so I want to be able to specify that results
>match Category, Size, Color, Price, etc:
>
>Category = pants
>AND
>Size = Large
>AND
>Color = Blue
>
>I haven't been able to find an example of how to do this. Can someone point
>me in the right direction?
>
>Thanks,
>
>JT

Have you read the new 4.8 versions of the documentation?.  Here is an
example for fun:

<FORM ACTION="[area search]" METHOD="POST">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_coordinate              VALUE=1>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_searchtype              VALUE=db>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_matchlimit              VALUE=10>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_sort_field              VALUE=category>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_search_page             VALUE=results>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_search_file             VALUE=products>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_substring_match VALUE=1>

         <INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_search_field    VALUE="category">
         <INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_column_op       VALUE=rm>
<!--equals-->
         <INPUT type=text        NAME=mv_searchspec      MAXLENGTH=30 size=10>
         <INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_search_field    VALUE="size">
         <!--equals-->
         <INPUT type=hidden      NAME=mv_searchspec      VALUE="large">
         <INPUT TYPE=hidden      NAME=mv_search_field    VALUE="color">
         <!--equals-->
         <INPUT type=hidden      NAME=mv_searchspec      VALUE="blue">

However, I prefer to do SQL queries.  HANN,

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danpb@mail.com