[ic] mysql question

Lukasz Z interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 07:59:01 2001

HI there!

I am a complete newbie to interchange, some knowledge of Linux - basicly
never had problems with instalation procedures. I successfully instaled
Interchange from gzip file with ./configure. Then ran ./makecat (foundation
demo)- also sucessfully, specyfing earlier installed mysql db as a default
db to store products for foundation demo.

Specified mysql user and passwd, the test_foundation db was created
successfully. however, when I start interchange server, it can't connect
with the db, with create function. the message sys: table 'xxx' failed :
connect failed (create) -- can't connect to local MySQL through socket
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock (111) Anybody knows what' wrong - permissions,
mySQL server?

If I install foundation without sql db - everything goes OK untill, with
restart of the server I get message - "mode" is not defined in
%Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at /usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange (the script
with which we start the interchange server)

Would apprecuate answers to those questions
Regards,
Lukasz Z