[ic] 4.8.1 Leaving 'template:' header blank in pages

Wed Aug 22 12:15:00 2001

Quoting Zack Johnson (zack@office.standardprinting.net):
> These are generated using 4.8.1's 'template edit' feature.  After submitting
> the note to the list, I completely removed interchange (rpm -e, rm
> /var/lib/interchange -Rf, rm /usr/lib/interchange -Rf).  I then re-installed
> from downloaded 4.8.1 rpms (rpm -ivh).  Using the latest install, I created
> a new cat based on foundation.  Using the template editor, we created a new
> template based on leftright called 'test'.  Test would not work.

One thing that may not be obvious, now that I go through it -- you have
to reconfig after you create a new template.

> Furthermore, pages based on 'test' would not display all of the normal page
> options as you would expect.

They don't when you "create new page", but if you save and then go back
and edit the page again they should show up. I will see what I can do
about showing them the first go-round.

> Upon inspecting the template file, we found the the 'ui_template' var would
> read 'leftright' instead of 'yes'.  Whenever we viewed the 'test' with the
> template editor, the contents we blank even though 'cat test' revealed a
> copy of 'leftright'.

The value of ui_template doesn't really matter as long as it is not
blank.

> We have since copied the 'foundation' folder to 'new_style' and switched the
> 'default' symlink from 'foundation' to 'new_style'.  This way we can edit
> 'leftright' directly and avoid these problems.

I am still unable to duplicate your problem of the template name not
showing up in the generated page. I did just what you said:

	1. Created a new "test" template based on leftright.
	2. Reconfigged.
	3. Created a new page "testit" using "test" template.
	4. Saved page.
	5. Edited "testit" again and noticed it showed that it
	used the "test" template and showed the component options
	for the test template.
	6. Saved again.

All worked as I would have expected.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown