[ic] gdbm bug?

Wed Aug 22 13:09:00 2001

Quoting Richard Seymour (rseymour@anarchysoftware.com):
> > Ed LaFrance wrote:
> > > Could be embedded carriage returns.  Try this (from the shell, in your
> > > products directory):
> > >
> > > perl -i -p -e 's/\r//g' posters.txt
> >
> > Thanks. But that didn't help. (GDBM file was rebuilt, but results seem
> > to be the same.)
>
> I examined the source text file with hex dump and the only special
> characters I see are tabs and line feeds -- no \r's at all. Everything
> looks correct.
>
> So, I added this to my catalog, trying to sidestep GDBM:
>
>   Database  posters  DB_FILE   1
>
> I deleted the gdbm files and restarted interchange. My posters.db file
> was created, so I guess I'm sidestepping gdbm.
>
> But I get the same incorrect results.
>
> I'm beginning to smell a bug in either (a) interchange, or (b) the perl
> modules that support interchange.

This has nothing to do with GDBM. The context is completely lost
because the subject doesn't have anything to do with the real problem,
which as I recall was not finding some word in some field.

Try putting su=1 in the search spec and see what happens. I am guessing
the problem might have to do with your locale and what constitutes
a word, but I cannot tell.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman