[ic] MiniVend - Passing Varibles in one click searches

Thu Aug 23 11:48:00 2001

At 10:36 AM 08/23/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I've got a site that I haven't moved over to IC yet but still needing to do
>some things NOW before I Switch them over.
>
>Want to be able to give another site code to use to send people to our
>shopping cart and be able to track them actually just know that they came
>from the other site (like an affiliate). Currently product line is limited
>and we are sending them to the results page of the item they clicked.
>
>http://................./scan/se=/se=/se=/se=/se=2156/se=gm/ml=100/mm=200/em
>=0/su=yes/sf=artist/sf=title/sf=style/sf=category/sf=code/sf=special/co=yes
>
>How can I fill in a variable on the link that passes in MiniVend so I can
>then track that through the final order? I'm trying to give the variable
>REFER a value but it doesn't seem to pass it to the page.
>
>I just want to follow that variable to the reciept page so when we get the
>report it will show the value.

It's been a long time, but I believe if you do this:

http://www.site.com/cgi-bin/catalog/page?;;site_code

...then 'site_code' will be captured in the session; you should be able to
retrieve it with:

[data session source]

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax