[ic] [sort] across [more] pages

Thu Aug 23 21:31:22 2001

Quoting Ron Phipps (rphipps@reliant-solutions.com):
> One of the drawbacks to the sort tag in IC 4.6.1 was that it did not
> work correctly with the more tag.  Has this problem been fixed in the
> 4.8 release?

You misunderstand. It works correctly, just not the way you want it
to. 8-)

> The larger issue at hand is that we have a customer who would like to
> have sort links at the top of their results page.  The links would be
> for sku, title, price, availability, etc.  I know that I could do this
> task if I were either able to use the sort tag or able to retrieve what
> was last used as search criteria and to modify the sort field.  Any
> ideas on this one?

This is easy to do if you just re-do the query. Some examples of
how to do this are found in the UI.

It is quite possible to sort the list yourself if you do queries and
manage the saving.

It is a good suggestion to automate this, however, and I suggest you file
an enhancement request on Bugzilla. That will make sure it gets paid
attention to, if not done right away.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown