[ic] Admin process.html 404 file not found error

Ben Myles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Aug 25 00:25:00 2001

Hi,

I've been working with the admin interface on a catalog I'm building. As a
whole it seems to work nicely, however there are a few major problems I have
run into that I can't seem to find help for in the archives. None of these
problems used to occur with earlier versions of Interchange on Linux,
however I am using Interchange 4.8.1 with FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE and Roxen
2.1.231 as my webserver.

Some features in the admin UI work, others do not. Here is an example of
something that does not work:

* Search Builder

When I click the 'Search Builder' link under the Design button the Search
Builder page appears. I choose the relevant information from the drop-down
menus and press the Next button at the bottom of the form. At this point I
receive a HTTP 404 Not Found error, and the address the browser is trying to
display is:

http://mysite.com/cgi-bin/mysite/process.html?mv_todo=back&ui_target=&ui_ret
urn_to=admin%2Fsearch_wizard&search_table=products&search_type=db&search_tem
plate=&matchlimit=50&unique_results=&allow_regex=&mv_click=Next+--%3E

I'm using Internet Explorer 5.00 for the records.

* Site Layout

If I click the Site Layout link under the Design button and then click the
blue '+' to add a new section I receive the same 404 error. The page trying
to be accessed is:

http://mysite.com/cgi-bin/mysite/process.html?ui_window_name=mainwindow&mv_t
odo=return&mv_nextpage=admin%2Flayout&ui_filter_class=&mv_click_map=Section_
properties&mv_click_Section_properties=&mv_click_map=Sort_section_higher&mv_
click_Sort_section_higher=&mv_click_map=Sort_section_lower&mv_click_Sort_sec
tion_lower=&mv_click_map=Create_section&mv_click_Create_section=Create+secti
on&mv_click_map=Delete_section&mv_click_Delete_section=

Other tasks, such as creating new items, deleting items, editing pages etc.
all work fine. I have /usr/interchange/share/interchange copied to my
document root - /home/collection71/www/ and this seems to work as all images
appear. I also copied /usr/interchange/lib/UI/pages/admin/* to
/home/collection71/catalogs/collection71/pages/admin.

Thanks,

Ben Myles