[ic] 'Others Who Bought' not working

Sat Aug 25 20:11:01 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Mike Heins wrote:

MH>>We are missing [flag type=write table=merchandising] at
MH>>the top of the page that generates it. Put that near the top of
MH>>lib/UI/pages/admin/build_related.html and I am guessing it
MH>>will work.

Thanks Mike!

That fixed all of the problems except:

> pos.idk-enterprises.com gzQfDFap:idk-enterprises.com -
> [24/August/2001:16:21:51 -0400] diaperstore
> /cgi-bin/diaperstore/admin/build_related.html Error saving matches:

That problem is still in existence.

OTOH, it got things under way to where I could recognize the solutions
to a couple of other problems that I was having....

Since ALL SKU's in the 'products.txt' database are all in CAPS, then
all of the SKU's in the merchandising.txt fields of 'cross-sell', 'upsell'
and 'others who bought' must also be in CAPS. True Unix-type case
sensitivity at work :-) Changing all of that fixed all of the broken
referrals that were floating around my store. That cleaned up a
tremendous amount of glitches. I'm happier than a pig in #nTg

[cheating mode on]
Armed with the knowledge of how the 'Others Who
Bought...' works, I was able to go in and create my own references,
thus steering customers to items that I want them to buy. Jon Jensen's
'te' is a lifesaver for this! It's a fantastic tool!
(And, it works! An order just came in for an item that I have never
sold before! But, I had put it in the 'Others who bought' field.)
(What's the SKU for the Brooklyn Bridge? As well as the swampland in
Florida?)
[cheating mode off]

This is fantastic software! It's a real money maker!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Saturday, August 25, 2001 at 19:55 PM:
Artist seeks Boss with vision impairment.

This Linux System has been up 344 hours