[ic] Interchange and Sybase DBI for ASAny

Klaus Koch interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Aug 27 13:59:01 2001

I have problems using interchange with the DBI driver for ASAny from
Sybase. I thought it is possible to use interchange with any SQL
database for which there is a DBI driver.

With the driver comes a test perl script which works well. I am able to
access the database with these settings at the beginning:

------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use DBI;
use strict;
my($database) = "customer";
my($data_source) = "DBI:ASAny:shop:$database";
my($username) = "UID=minivend;PWD=123654;ENG=shop";
my($sql_statement) = "SELECT sku,description FROM products";

[...]

I have set up the tutorial catalog of Interchange. How should I
configure it so it can use the database for its products? I really dont
know what to use for SQLUSER and SQLDSN. Itried a few settings but only
got DBI connection errors.

Or is this a compatibility problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!